Title pic

Title pic
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 7, 2018

Week 35

8 Months Down
Well yesterday I completed 8 months. Time is flying. Right now I am in a cyber with super slow internet and almost no time to write. Not sure if I will be able to send pictures. If I can´t sorry but I will send them next week. Right now I am sweating to death. It is super duper hot here and the humidity is like 100% because it has been raining. I read about your cold windy weekend, and I never thought I would ever say it, but I miss the cold windy days haha. The heat here is almost unbearable. The upside is that my skin is never dry because it is always sweaty haha. 


So not much happened this week. The work right now is really hard. We are having troubles finding people (in our sector at least), the couple that needs to get married wants to get married but it is complicated, etc. But its ok. We are learning to have patience and to put our faith in the Lord. We did have a really neat experience. We went to a member and he was reconstructing part of his house. We insisted to help him but he kept on denying us. After about 20 attempts he finally accepted. We went to tell a member to see if he could help us, and as we were leaving the other members house the Lord put someone in our path. A 21 year old girl named Prisila Mora came up to us and was like ¨I want to learn more about your church¨. Our jaws dropped to the ground because that never happens. We talked to her, got the directions to her house, and turns out that she lives across the street from our limit. We were so sad. So we passed on the reference, and she came to church and is preparing to be baptized. It was an answer to prayers because I was doing a special fast that day, but I so wish that she lived in our sector. But its ok. 

This week we had a capilla abierta. In english it would be something like an open house in the chapel. (Forgive me if my english and spelling are horrible. I am getting used to spanish haha) We only had 17 references which was really not good, but the investigators that came had a great experience. Miguel and Danny loved it and are even more excited to get baptized. I just wish they could get baptized tomorrow. There is a problem with their marriage because of a lot of things, and the lady that needs to do the paper work is on a 3 week vacation and so things aren´t going as we wanted. Miguel even asked us if he could just get baptized right now and later his wife haha. He is so excited and progressing very well. We told him he had to get married first haha. His favorite part of the open house was when we explained baptism. I have a bunch of pictures, but the computer won´t load them. Sooo sorry. I have like 20 pictures to send but this computer isn´t working well, and I can´t send photos. Also this week Fanny Jimenez accepted a baptismal date, and came to church. She is reading the Book of Mormon, but hasn´t received an answer yet. She came to church which was awesome, but after sacrament meeting we asked her how it was and she was like oh it was so so. I really hope that she progresses and can recognize an answer. 

I am out of time unfortunately because of this slow computer, but my thought for the day comes from the book of 1 Nephi. It is when they find the liahona. I will probably butcher it trying to translate it from spanish to english, but more or less it says that the liahona leads them to the more fertile parts of the wilderness. However, even though they are led to the most fertile parts by following God´s council they still find themselves having many afflictions. For example shortly after this Nephi breaks his bow and they are really hungry and having a lot of afflictions. As we follow the council of God I know that we will be blessed. We will still have problems and afflictions in life, and at times we might find ourselves like Lehi did wondering why it was so hard and at one point he even started to murmur against the Lord. We will have problems and difficulties whether or not we follow the councils of the Lord, but I know that as we follow the Lord we will find strength in our difficulties, and we will be able to have joy in life. We will be able to push through with peace in Christ. I love you all so very much. I hope that all is well.  Love you tons!!! Keep the faith!!! 

Love, Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment