Crazy Transfers & Carnaval
Oh my gosh you will not believe what has happened this week. I would love to call and tell in person, but it is impossible. So to start off with I will tell you about transfers. I have very little time to write today so forgive me because I have like 14 minutes so yeah. Also, I forgot my adapter for my camera so I can't send pictures today. We will have to stay in our house all day today and tomorrow. After I send this we have to go home. Anyways, I have tons of pics to send tomorrow.
So transfers..... On Tuesday at about 12:00 president Moreno called me. He told me that I was going to have transfers and needed to go to Guayaquil as soon as I could either that same day or Wednesday at 4:00 am. So I got my bags ready really fast, and headed to Guayaquil in micro bus all by myself. I couldn't say goodbye to anybody. I left them pictures with a small note. Anyways, later I got another call before I headed out and guess what??? I'm in the Galápagos Islands right now!!!! I had transfers to the island San Cristóbal in Galápagos. Here I am the 56th missionary, and the church here is small. Only 20 people came on Sunday. It is a family group. I flew here and arrived on Wednesday. It is super hot and humid here. It is the hottest time of year here in March. In our house it is like 88 degrees all the time. But we are inside all day studying because of carnaval with fans.
I have to go now, but I will send much more info next week. I have been here taking pictures of the beaches and the ocean. It is awesome. This week was full of miracles. We put like 5 new baptismal dates and found 13 new people to teach. That is amazing for anywhere in the mission, but for Galapagos that is a pure miracle. Here there are a lot of tourists. My companion is Elder Franco from Colombia. We are the only elders here in Galapagos. I will be here until the 27th of May. By law we can only be here for 90 days and then we have to leave. Anyways, my thought for the week is a small testimony. I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ. He is the Savior of the world. I love Him and He loves me. He guides missionary work because it is His work. He is the boss, the Great Eternal Head. The work here is great. We won't be able to go out to preach until Wednesday but I am so excited to work hard here. Sorry for the little info. Love you all tons!!!!
Love, Élder Black
No comments:
Post a Comment